Magical Barcelona is the latest stop on IGE’s global Music and Art Immersion tour, drawing together a dynamic multi-genre assemblage of internationally eminent musicians, music fans and arts patrons. With its storied history; mind blowing art, architecture and music; magnificent venues; sublime cuisine, and late night hours, Barcelona epitomizes the perfect Immersion locale.
In Barcelona participants will witness once in a lifetime musical collaborations of IGE Musical Ambassadors with a broad range of multi-genre European All Stars. Daytimes are spent exploring on one’s own or in company of fellow travelers. In the evenings enjoy concerts and jams in elegant flamenco palaces, classic gothic theaters, historic jazz clubs, acoustically perfect ancient squares, and even at the beach. Additionally, IGE’s exquisite headquarters, the fabulous Hotel Onix Liceo, is entirely ours for the duration, complete with performance space and naturally, a pool and pop up mojito bar.
For the 2018 Barcelona Immersion, our initial musician line up includes Eric Krasno of Soulive and Lettuce; Paul Hoffman and Anders Beck of Greensky Bluegrass; Nicki Bluhm; Bill Nershi of String Cheese Incident; Holly Bowling; Grahame Lesh and Elliott Peck of Midnight North/Terrapin Family Band; Scott Law and Ross James of Cosmic Twang/Terrapin Family Band/ Phil Lesh and Friends; Jilian Nershi of Honkytonk Homeslice, and Matt Butler of Everyone Orchestra.
With IGE’s European partners, European All Stars in residence, and local friends, Immersion participants bring direct benefit to Venice, Barcelona and Lisbon non-profits, the cities, artist communities and people. Unlike most travelers who take what they wish and move on, IGE Music and Art Immersion participants give, of course all while having the times of their lives and earning a substantial tax deduction.
Barcelona Immersion Packages Include:
10 days and 9 nights single, double, or triple accommodations and daily breakfast at the Hotel Onix Liceo, IGE Barcelona headquarters. IGE occupies the entire property for the duration of the Immersion with few limitations on hours of operations or musical stylings.
DINNERS, COCKTAILS, MUSIC AND ART
- Daily ample buffet breakfast. We’ve arranged for breakfast during brunch hours to accommodate IGE guest sleep schedules.
- Arrival drinks, heavy tapas and welcome jam – IGE Barcelona headquarters.
- Grand welcome dinner at El Foro, Born. El Foro an Argentinian restaurant is enormously atmospheric and caters to all diets. Post dinner concert at fabulous jazz cellar venue below.
- Traditional al fresco Paella meal with musical accompaniment in magnificent Gracia, the countercultural center of Bohemian Barcelona for benefit of the food insecure and IGE local partner, the Gracia district cultural association.
- Flamenco and late night Concert and Jam at the remarkable Palau Dalmases, Barcelona’s Flamenco central. Enjoy a top tier Flamenco performance followed by IGE and Spanish Musical Ambassador performance.
- Formal Gala at the Reial Academia Catalana de Belles Arts de San Jordi with preconcert tour of one of Catalunya’s most magnificent, private and rarely viewed art collections. As partner of the Ministry for Culture, and of the Academia, participants will tour the collection before the performance in the 181 seat jaw dropping hall.
- Beach party, tapas meal and concert at Barcelona’s Red Fish for benefit of IGE partner Proactiva Open Arms, featuring IGE musical Ambassadors.
- Everyone Orchestra International performance featuring IGE and Spanish Musical Ambassadors.
- Concert and Jam Session featuring IGE and Spanish Musical Ambassadors at Harlem Jazz, Barcelona’s historic, storied jazz club.
- Al Fresco concert at Placa del Rei.
- Regular Daily and nightly performances at headquarters, each featuring the music of IGE and Spanish Musical Ambassadors. Expect to hear old and new favorites as artists explore their catalogues while creating new musical contexts.
- Headquarter guest jam hosted by Musical Ambassadors. Seize the opportunity to bring an instrument and sit in with some of your musical inspirations.
- Group private adventures to some of Gaudi’s most visual arts treasures.
- Farewell Headquarters Party, Extended Performance and tapas meal for Immersion participants, partner organizations and local friends.
– Airfare is not included in package price –
– Specific programming is subject to change –
— All included meals carefully cater to dietary preferences and restrictions—
The Onix Liceo Hotel
10 days and 9 nights single, double, or triple accommodations in IGE Barcelona headquarters, the hotel Onix Liceo, our luxurious partner hotel and event space perfectly situated in Ciutat Vella. The Liceo is centered amidst La Rambla, Raval and El Born neighborhoods, Barcelona’s ancient pedestrian core. Headquarters will be converted into a visual atmospheric event venue including performance stages, chill spaces and collaborative art installations.
IGE 2018 Barcelona Music and Art Immersion Ambassadors
- Bill Nershi (String Cheese Incident)
- Holly Bowling
- Anders Beck (Greensky Bluegrass)
- Paul Hoffman (Greensky Bluegrass)
- Eric Krasno (Soulive)
- Nicki Bluhm
- Grahame Lesh (Terrapin Family Band, Midnight North)
- Scott Law (Cosmic Twang)
- Matt Butler (Everyone Orchestra)
- Ross James (Terrapin Family Band)
- Elliott Peck (Midnight North)
- Jilian Nershi (Honkytonk Homeslice)
- …more musicians TBA
Prices: 2018 Barcelona Music and Art Immersion Package
Rates per person based upon double occupancy other than for Single or Triple Rooms. All rooms except a triple are available as either a queen or two twin beds:
|Room Type||Cost Per Person|
|Standard with Interior Windows||$4200.00|
|Standard with Small Balcony – SOLD OUT||$4750.00|
|Standard with Private Terrace – SOLD OUT||$4900.00|
|Standard Room Single Occupancy||$6,750.00|
**Rooms specially adapted for wheelchair access are available.
50% of trip cost at time of booking
75% of trip cost by June 5, 2018
100% of trip cost July 5, 2018
Payment Options: Deposits and installments can be paid by major credit card or check. IGE recommends payment by check to avoid the 3% convenience charge IGE will assess for payment by credit card.
On or before April 4th, 2018 – 100% payment return – $250 service fee /reservation.
On or before May 4th, 2018 – 75% of Trip Price Returned
On or before June 4th, 2018 – 50% of Trip Price Returned
On or before July 4th, 2018 – 25% of Trip Price Returned
On or after July 5th – No refunds of 100% of Immersion payment
IGE encourages all guests to purchase travel insurance with sufficient medical evacuation to cover emergency repatriation. In addition to basic trip cancellation, consider adding cancel for work or cancel for any reason coverage.
Innovative Giving Enhancement (IGE) 501(c)(3) Immersion Guests may claim a substantial charitable contribution deduction for the excess of the purchase price paid over its fair market value (FMV). IGE will provide documentation to Guests indicating your tax deductible donation to IGE.
IGE, a non-profit public charity with International operations, prices Immersions in dollars, yet operates principally abroad and pays for services in local currencies. In consequence, shifts in exchange rates can significantly impact IGE, which collects dollars, yet pays most Immersion costs in Euros. When IGE establishes Immersion pricing, we determine participant cost based upon the final Dollar to Euro conversion rate on the date prices are set.
Over the 8-9 months between pricing and the Immersion, Dollar to Euro exchange rates may rise, fall or remain within a fairly tight percentage range. Over a year, fluctuations in exchange rate can be dramatic, though generally these shifts are within a range that does not threaten IGE operations, profitability, or our ability to make substantial donations to our non-profit partners.
In the interest of maintaining the lowest feasible Immersion pricing, IGE uses a Dynamic Currency Adjustment model as do many non-profits with international operations. To indemnify IGE from losses due to fluctuating currency conversion rates, we set a protected conversion range within which pricing remains the same as the price quoted at time of initial establishment. Should a weakening dollar lead to unfavorable currency conversion rates outside the protected conversion range, IGE will assess a surcharge equal to the differential to cover conversion losses. Should the dollar strengthen with favorable currency conversion rates outside the protected conversion range, IGE will provide participants a refund of the differential, or you may choose to donate that amount to IGE.
Protected Currency Conversion Rates:
Prices for the 2018 Barcelona Music and Art Immersion were set on February 1, 2018 at a dollar to Euro conversion rate of .8 ($1 = .8 Euro/1 Euro = 1.24 Dollars) with a price protected dollar to Euro exchange range of 4% (2% on either side). Should exchange rates on October 1, 2018 remain within the protected range from .784 to .816 Euros to dollar, there will be no additional assessments or refunds. Should the conversion rate on October 1, 2018, the final date for IGE European vendor payments, fall below .784 or rise above .816 the IGE dynamic protected conversion rate activates.
“Unforgettable. The City of Venice – its people, history and culture – was beyond my wildest imagination. Our IGE hosts and fellow travelers were kind and wondrous. The musicians were bellissimo – in performance and in spirit. Living in the villa along the canal, I felt like a Venetian.” – Michael Jon Samuels, Qello Concerts
“Hands down the best musical experience I’ve ever had. If there’s a heaven, it’s pretty close to being immersed for 10 days with great musicians in a beautiful setting, surrounded by friends old and new.” – Dave F.
“We had an amazing experience with IGE in Venice. The performances and friendliness of the unbelievably talented musicians and outstanding hospitality of the hosts exceeded our expectation. It was truly a memorable experience which we will always cherish.” – Jason Eig Partner at Blank Rome LLP & his AWESOME wife Heather Eig
” It was beautiful! What a special experience …thank you for an amazing time!” – Amy Helm
“Nothing beats immersing yourself in a beautiful city like Venice, surrounded by live music and kind folks – truly a unique travel experience!” – Melissa Herman
“Our trip was an incredible experience that approached was almost surreal with the level of camaraderie that we enjoyed with the artists and our fellow travelers. Friendships that will last our lifetime!” – Peter H.
“I just want to tell you that our time together in Venice was one of the best times of my life. I feel that I understand the concepts around immersion and flow as I never have before. I loved everything you did to make our time here transformative and engaging and crazy fun. And full of heart.” – Vanessa
“Great Music, Great Venues, a well thought out program that blends music, local culture and a truly unique intimate experience with like minded music freaks- you won’t find this elsewhere.” – Todd Z.
“We had the time of our lives and became so fully immersed in music and art that our hearts were exuberant! This experience is like no other with musical talent and fellowship beyond compare.” – Emily S.
“After augmenting our Venetian Immersion with subsequent expeditions to Florence and Rome, we have finally safely, albeit somewhat sadly, arrived back home in Philadelphia. The abrupt difference in the view from our bedroom window this morning from weeks past was a rude awakening, to be sure, but we are indeed most grateful for the abundance of joyful memories from this excursion which replay so vividly in our nightly dreams, and which will no doubt continue to titillate our souls for time eternal.Our deepest and most humble thanks to everyone who participated in and made possible this most extraordinary and magical event.” – Tanto amore, Stu and Maria
“Venice washed over me like a wave, and touched all the senses. We saw amazing art & were treated to fantastic music everyday we got to be with friends old & new, and what more could you ask for? Yes, Yes, Yes!” – Joel
“What a special way to explore a new place! I really loved settling in and getting to know my surroundings as well as spending time with new and old friends. The music was icing on the cake and a pleasure to be a part of!” – Jilian
“One of the peak experiences of my life, and I’ve had (more than) a few!” – Greg